Restoring from Elasticsearch snapshot created on different platform

(from github.com/hilt86)
Thanks for creating FESS!

I am having a problem restoring a snapshot that I took on a Windows based FESS install to an Elasticsearch cluster running on Kubernetes. When I look at the index settings there are a heap of mapping_path settings that point to C:\FESSData\blah\config so when I try restore the index I receive a

NoSuchFileException[/usr/share/elasticsearch/config/C:/FESSData/blah/config/mapping.txt error. This is because the mapping_path is stored in the index instead of a configurable location.

If I add these files to the image then in the future if I want to change platform again I will be in the same situation…is there a better way to provide Elasticsearch with these mappings? I’m using Kubernetes and want to use plan Elasticsearch to isolate that component from FESS which is why I am not using the FESS image.

ps. I have installed all the required plugins as per https://fess.codelibs.org/12.3/install/install.html

(from github.com/marevol)
There is no solution at the moment…
You need to put dictionary files to the same directory.

(from github.com/hilt86)
ok but I should be able to create the index beforehand and update the settings via a PUT indexname/_settings right?

probably yes.

(from github.com/hilt86)
Updating the settings doesn’t work as when I restore the snapshot it overwrites the settings. There doesn’t seem to be a way to restore an index without settings but managed to mirror the directory structure (including the C:/ bit) so I got it working.

Going forward are their plans to address this in a more platform neutral way?

Modifying fess.json, you can change a path of dictionaries to a relative one before creating fess index.

(from github.com/hilt86)
Thanks @marevol. As per the documentation, to use an existing elasticsearch cluster I need to install elasticsearch on the FESS server / container even though I only plan to use the FESS webapp on that system?

Is it correct to assume that fess.json should reside on the FESS system and not the Elasticsearch system?

fess.json is in Fess server.