Labels do not apply

Hello,

i would like to serve search results segment, for example: files from different smb-Shares can be searched separated from others by a topic. Found out labels can do the job.

Set up paths like

smb://Hostname/Share/Path/.*

and found FESS ignoring it. Have understood, that only newly crawled files are labeled, so looked out in crawler logs and checked if these files appear in search results.

Am I right that paths require an ending, because they are full fledged java regex, so they would need have them look this way?

smb://Hostname/Share/Path/.*$

Kind regards,
Udo

Labels are applied when crawling files.
If you enable Check Last Modified, non-updated files will be skipped.
If you want to set labels to an index, you need to run Label Updater.

Does Filesystem Crawler check last modified, too? Sounds like a http header kind of thing.
If it does: Does that mean Label Update applies labels on indexed files, even if crawler does ignore it, because timestamp has not changed?

Label Updater is the only task w/o schedule. Does it work, anyway? Because i clicked Run, showed “Job startet (Label Updater).” instantly, while job listing shows active, instead of “Running”, like for “Default Crawler”.

Does Filesystem Crawler check last modified

Yes.

Does that mean Label Update applies labels on indexed files

Yes.

Label Updater is a background job.

Label Updater is a background job.

= Nothing to worry about if labels are not applied yet and job protocoll shows Start- = Endtime?

Our test team double-checked it, but it works. So, it’s better to check fess.log file.