Elasticsearch invalid configuration

(from github.com/crockpotveggies)
Installed the Debian package and followed installation instructions.

I added the following to the elasticsearch config as stated here: https://fess.codelibs.org/12.3/install/install.html#id1

To access from Fess, the following configuration needs to be added to /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml

configsync.config_path: /var/lib/elasticsearch/config

However when starting elasticsearch it produces an error and fails:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown setting [configsync.config_path] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes docu$
        at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:476) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:421) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:392) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.AbstractScopedSettings.validate(AbstractScopedSettings.java:363) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.SettingsModule.<init>(SettingsModule.java:148) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:373) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:265) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$5.<init>(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:333) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:136) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        ... 6 more

Looks like the docs need to be updated?

It also looks like there’s an issue with one of the plugins:

[2019-01-24T03:15:17,590][ERROR][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [ksV6BUz] fatal error in thread [main], exiting
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class org.elasticsearch.common.logging.ESLoggerFactory from class com.o19s.es.ltr.feature.store.index.IndexFeatureStore
        at com.o19s.es.ltr.feature.store.index.IndexFeatureStore.<clinit>(IndexFeatureStore.java:71) ~[?:?]
        at com.o19s.es.ltr.LtrQueryParserPlugin.getSettings(LtrQueryParserPlugin.java:207) ~[?:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.lambda$getPluginSettings$0(PluginsService.java:87) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$7$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:267) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1382) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499) ~[?:1.8.0_201]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getPluginSettings(PluginsService.java:87) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:355) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:265) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$5.<init>(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:333) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:136) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:127) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:93) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:86) ~[elasticsearch-6.5.4.jar:6.5.4]

(from github.com/marevol)
Did you install proper plugins correctly?
See Installation Guide for Fess 12.4.

Yes as I’ve already stated I followed the installation instructions which means I ran these commands:

$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-analysis-fess:6.5.0
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-analysis-extension:6.5.1
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-configsync:6.5.0
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-dataformat:6.5.0
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-langfield:6.5.0
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-minhash:6.5.0
$ /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install org.codelibs:elasticsearch-learning-to-rank:6.5.0

and restarted elasticsearch.

You can check installed plugins to check _cat/plugins api.

Confirmed, it looks like the plugins were installed correctly:

dl4jteam@dl4j-search:~$ sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin list
analysis-extension
analysis-fess
configsync
dataformat
langfield
learning-to-rank
minhash

It’s not _cat/plugins api…

Sorry can you be more specific for someone who is not an expert on elasticsearch? Is that a folder? Is that a specific HTTP API? As I showed earlier the elasticsearch instance dies instantly on start with the error I posted so I’m unable to query any API.

(from marevol (Shinsuke Sugaya) · GitHub)

Installation

The above doc is for Fess 12.3/Elasticsearch 6.4.
I think it’s better to remove /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/* and install plugins again with Fess 12.4 doc.

cat API is here.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class org.elasticsearch.common.logging.ESLoggerFactory from class com.o19s.es.ltr.feature.store.index.IndexFeatureStore

I think wrong plugins were installed…

(from crockpotveggies (Justin Long) · GitHub)
Right my confusion here is I copied the plugin commands directly from the documentation so I’m confused how your link to docs is any different? Are you suggesting perhaps I should use the zip instead of the Deb? Another solution is I simply use the Docker container…

Best,
Justin
On Jan 23, 2019, 9:06 PM -0800, Shinsuke Sugaya notifications@github.com, wrote:

Installation
The above doc is for Fess 12.3/Elasticsearch 6.4.
I think it’s better to remove /usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/* and install plugins again with Fess 12.4 doc.
cat API is here.
I think wrong plugins were installed…

You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or mute the thread.

(from marevol (Shinsuke Sugaya) · GitHub)

Are you suggesting perhaps I should use the zip instead of the Deb?

No.

First of all, the doc you referred is for Fess 12.3/Elasticsearch 6.4, not 6.5.
But your elasticsearch is 6.5, so you should install plugins for Fess 12.4.
Plugins for 6.4 do not work elasticsearch 6.5.

I just switched to Docker, the installation process is too complex and error prone for my taste. I need something easily reproducible…thanks for the help.