Any settings for synonyms with single character words?

(from Claybird · GitHub)
Hello,

Is there any way to use a synonym list that contains single character words, such as [アメリカ,米]?
With single character words, some documents are missed by the crawler with errors.

I know that synonym must contain more than one characters on the default configuration, as documented in 同義語辞書 .
So, one easy and simple way is to remove single character words.
I’m looking for another solution.

Details:
I took the following steps with 13.2.1 + AdoptOpenJDK11-hotspot-10.0.4+11 on Windows 10:

1. Configured JAVA_HOME so that Fess starts with built-in ES.
  2. I uploaded synonyms.txt. The content is
    アメリカ,米
    only.
  3. Waited for some minutes, making sure synonyms.txt is updated in the ES’s configuration directory.
  4. Performed Reindex on the maintenance page, without “reset dictionaries”.
  5. Crawled test.txt. The content is the first 7 lines of Wikipedia article .
  6. After a few minutes, crawler finishes, but no data is added. I found a error in
    fess-crawler.log:

2019-08-10 12:30:25,790 [IndexUpdater] WARN Failed to access data. Retry to access… 1
org.codelibs.fess.es.client.FessEsClientException: failure in bulk execution:
[0]: index [fess.201908101230], type [_doc], id [b0780afd21868df9161d70f86228a0d8a9af709c1edfe112cf2e56eeecfd5e1da06ba363e170f2851bf0f591979f0f1872bec9d8a463d7504a83ee9c7bc03c1e], message [ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=illegal_argument_exception, reason=startOffset must be non-negative, and endOffset must be >= startOffset, and offsets must not go backwards startOffset=128,endOffset=133,lastStartOffset=129 for field ‘content’]]]
at org.codelibs.fess.es.client.FessEsClient.addAll(FessEsClient.java:1009) ~[classes/:?]
at org.codelibs.fess.helper.IndexingHelper.sendDocuments(IndexingHelper.java:74) ~[classes/:?]
at org.codelibs.fess.indexer.IndexUpdater.run(IndexUpdater.java:234) [classes/:?]

Thanks

(from github.com/marevol)
Try アメリカ,米=>アメリカ.

(from github.com/Claybird)
Thank you for reply.

Now the document is crawled and added without any errors.
However, アメリカ,米=>アメリカ made only a small difference. It doesn’t seem to be working as synonyms nor mapping, unfortunately.

• Query with 米 matches only on 米 itself, not アメリカ.
  • Query with アメリカ matches only on アメリカ itself; it did not match on 米.

I confirmed this by replacing アメリカ to 米, and vice versa in the crawl target file.

I tried some other cases,

• アメリカ=>アメリカ,米 caused the same crawl error as previous post.
  • With [アメリカ,米米],[アメリカ,米々], or [アメリカ,米=>アメリカ,米々] query(アメリカ) and query(米) both matched アメリカ; query(アメリカ) did not match on 米.

Could you give me some advice?

(from github.com/marevol)
Replacing 1 char, set 米=>アメリカ in mapping.txt.

(from github.com/Claybird)
Thank you.
mapping.txt worked very fine for me!